- About UsGNA Advantage
- Cert. & DiplomaCertificate & Diploma
- Under GraduateUG Courses
- Post GraduatePG Courses
- HappeningsRecent News
- AcademicsAll Academics
- AdmissionsAdmissions 2017
Find out more
The Automotive Branch is based on lectures, large assignments, simulations and experiments, and these are carried out as real case studies, or using other similar methods, with assistance from industrial tools.
Powertrain and vehicle dynamics are two essential disciplines in terms of understanding and designing the automotive vehicle system and its behaviour. The main Objective of Faculty of Engineering and Technology – Automotive Engineering Branch is to provide students with a system perspective of automotive vehicles and depth within three focus areas: powertrain, vehicle dynamics and safety.
1. Designing and developing vehicles using knowledge of mechanical engineering, combustion,vehicle structures.
2. Using the knowledge of computers and electronic and electrical systems, which are all becoming increasingly sophisticated in modern vehicles.
3. To specialise in design by using the computer-aided design (CAD) technology, allowing them to create and change designs much more quickly than drawing boards.
4.To specialise in research and development by taking into account factors such as cost, safety and comfort of driver including crash and safety testing, fuel efficiency and environmental issues.
10+2 examination with 50 % marks and with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one the following subjects:
Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology.
10th or 10+2 examination with 50 % marks and with science stream and have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh or SantLongowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education
Diploma in Engineering / Technology with 50% marks in aggregate (for SC / ST 40%) or equivalent grade point.
Diploma Holders in any branch of Engineering / Technology are eligible for admission.
B.Sc. (Non-Medical/IT/Computer Science)
1.Manufacturing (TATA, Mahindra, Maruti, SWARAJ, Ashok Leyland etc.)
2. Power (ONGC, NTPC, etc.)
5. Civil Services
7. Public Sectors (BEML, Railways, etc.)
8. Automotive Industry