For admission to the Ph.D. program in the Faculty at GU, applicants fulfilling any of the following criterias shall be treated as eligible :
- Person having passed Post Graduate Degree (Master Degree) Examination with at least 55 % marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST) or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Persons working in National Laboratories/Institutes/Government/ Private Organization nominated/ sponsored by the respective employer with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST) in the Post-Graduate Degree are eligible. These persons should hold a position equivalent to Assistant Director or above.
Above mentioned rules will also be applicable to the foreign candidates who have obtained the Master degree from any of the recognized Indian Universities.
- Persons with exceptional abilities having passed Bachelor degree examination with 55% of marks and with 15 years of experience after graduation in the related field. However, candidate possessing B.E./B.Tech Degree in the Faculty of Engineering having patents/ intellectual property rights register-ed in their names can be considered for admission to Ph.D. program. In such cases, exceptional abilities will be decided by the Research Committee concerned.
- The fellow members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and/or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants and/or having qualification of Company Secretary shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. in the Faculty of Business Studies. Provided that such candidates possess a Bachelor’s Degree of any recognized University with at least 50 % marks and also have at least 5 years of professional experience.
- Application for research in inter-disciplinary areas and from applicants belonging to a Faculty or subjects other than the Faculty or subjects in which the research is proposed to be done and from the international candi-dates (those who have not obtained the Master’s Degree from Indian Universities) shall be considered on the basis of the proven ability and aptitude of the candidate for such kind of research. Such proposal shall be examined by the proposed Research Supervisor and the Dean with Plan of Re-search before giving provisional ad-mission. The admission will be confirmed after the Research Committee/s concerned approves the research proposal.
- Percentage of marks required for admission of foreign candidates (those who have not obtained Master’s degree from Indian Universities) will be at least 55% or equivalent GPA at Master’s Degree level.