- About UsGNA Advantage
- Cert. & DiplomaCertificate & Diploma
- Under GraduateUG Courses
- Post GraduatePG Courses
- HappeningsRecent News
- AcademicsAll Academics
- AdmissionsAdmissions 2017
Find out more
Mechanical Engineering is the broadest engineering discipline encompassing a wide variety of engineering fields and many specialties. Mechanical engineers learn about materials, solid and fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, control, instrumentation, design, robotics, computer aided Design, CAM, CFD and manufacturing to understand mechanical systems. The breadth of the mechanical engineering discipline allows students a variety of career options. Mechanical engineering is a challenging, rewarding, and highly respected profession.As the Industrial sector has drastically risen in pace, the need for more mechanical engineers has increased exponentially, every individual who will pursue.
1. To prepare students for successful careers in Indian and multinational industries/companies engaged in thermal systems, manufacturing processes, machine design and the related fields.
2. To develop the ability among students to understand and synthesize data/information and technical concepts for application to product/system/process design.
3. To prepare students to be able to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects involving professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
4. To develop the ability among the students for taking research/teaching assignments.
B.Tech (Regular Course)
10+2 examination with 50 % marks and with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one the following subjects:
Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology.
10+2 examination with 50 % marks and with science stream and have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh or SantLongowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education
B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
Diploma in Engineering / Technology with 50% marks in aggregate (for SC / ST 40%) or equivalent grade point.
Diploma Holders in any branch of Engineering / Technology are eligible for admission.
B.Sc. (Non-Medical/IT/Computer Science)
1.Manufacturing (RELIANE, TELCO, L&T, JINDAL STEEL, KIRLOSAR, M&M, etc.
2. Power (ONGC, NTPC, etc.)
3. Construction (J.P, HCL, etc.)
5. Civil Services
7. Public Sectors
(BHEL, ISRO, BEL)
8. Automotive Industry